Snow, Life, and a few other things

Hey!  How’s everyone in web-land doing?  Good here…been a little busy the past couple of weeks, but good.  To start things off, my house came off the market yesterday (March 11); we ended up having a few people call on it and one guy came and looked at it the last open house we did…but he decided he didn’t want steps.  Though the ad said story and 1/2…I guess they thought we had an escalator or something.  So, I still own my house and will go a few different routs in the next few weeks and see what happens.

Internet.  Whew…how slow can you go, that’s the motto of the dial-up where I live.  A few weeks ago the company I have net through was displaying the fact that they made communication history with their purchase of an OC3.  Yes, I’m a cheap-o by having dial-up (I’m trying to save money); and I even have just a 2/$5 account — two hours for five dollars — but sometimes it feels like my whole two hours will be spent waiting for my page to load.  For things to be easier routing and faster service, I would hate to have been on dial-up prior to the OC3 purchase.  The story also mentions that the line was purchased through AT&T, and that they are the ‘only’ ones to have one…I wonder what AT&T (SBC) supplies their DSL through here in Southeast MO?  Something that I would need to look into, I’m sure they (being the company that is supplying my net company) would also have the best for their own Internet service as well.  Who knows…things to ponder.

SNOW!!!  We have had more snow the last part of February and first of March than we did all winter.  If the old adage ‘in like a lion, out like a lamb’ rings true for the month of March…we are going to have an AWESOME first couple of weeks of spring.  All the kids are upset because they have to go some extra days of school…I feel really bad for them, NOT.  They will eventually have to work all year at some point in their lives (unless they become a teacher, or go into the educational profession on some level).

Life.  Last night I came face to face with the possibility of how quick a life can be on the verge of being snuffed out.  I was over at a friend’s house and her dad said he didn’t feel good.  The next minute he was passed out and unresponsive for about 10 minutes.  We have no idea what happened, the doctors said he was fine and that it may have been caused by stress and the fact that he had surgery two weeks ago.  All very crazy.  I helped by praying and meeting the ambulance at the end of the road to lead them down to the house.  I also went to the hospital for awhile.  But he’s doing fine now.  But it makes one stop and take stock of a few things.

Well, I think that about wraps it up here.  I’m heading to KC next week for our annual Youth Convention.  I’m really excited.  I’ve also purchased some new glasses, totally different than what I usually get, I hope they come in for convention.

Later…take care…


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *